- Preparation time
- 60 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 10 people
- Meal course
Red chilly/Lal mirch 1 kilogram
Dry mango powder 150 gram
Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds 10 gram
Sauf/Fennel seeds 10 gram
Black mustard seeds/Rai 100 gram
Hing / Asafoetida 5 gram
Lemon juice 1 cup
Coriander seeds 50 gram
Onion seeds 5 gram
Red chilly powder 50 gram
Turmeric powder 10 gram
Black salt 50 gram
White salt 50 gram
Jaggery / gud 25 gram
Mustard oil 500 gram
- First wash the red chilly well and let them get dry. Keep in the sun light for about 4 - 5 hours.
- Hollow out the innards of the chilly,includes all the seeds. Cut the red chilly into pieces.
- Dry roast the sauf/fennel seeds,methi seeds,coriander seeds,black mustard seeds/rai and asafoetida on low flame.
- Once cooled,grind all roasted spices and make a fine powder.
- Take a large bowl add all the roasted spices,red chilly powder,turmeric powder,dried mango powder/amchur,black salt,saltand onion seeds and mix well.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Once cooled,add 5 - 6 tbsp mustard oil in the roasted spices and mix well nicely.
- Add the chopped red chilly/lal mirch in all the spices and mix well.
- Place the red chilly pickle in a bottle. Pour the mustard oil in the bottle.
- Close the lid and keep the bottle under the sunlight for 6 - 7 days. Serve with rice
Please login to see or insert a new variation.Login Here
Eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo.