- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Side Dish
Ridge Gourd 500 gram
Bengal gram / Chana dal 50 gram
Onion (chopped finely) 1 nos
Whole red chillies 1 nos
Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
Cumin seeds 1/4 tea spoon
Salt to taste
Oil 2 table spoon
- Soak Bengal gram/chana dal for 3 - 4 hours and strain it.
- Peel and wash ridge gourd and chop it.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker' Add cumin seeds and whole red chilly to crackle.
- Add chopped onion and saute until dark brown.
- Add ridge gourd ,Bengal gram,turmeric powder and cover the lid and steam it.
- When cooker release the whistle simmer the flame for ten mins.
- Once cooled open the lid an d cook for 5 -7 mins till water absorb it.
- Add salt and cook for 5 mins. Serve with steamed rice.
Please login to see or insert a new variation.Login Here
Eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo.