- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Side Dish
Boiled potatoes - 4 - 5middle size
Parwal/pointed gourd - 4 - 5
Chopped onion - 2 middle size
Ginger - 1 inch stick
Garlic cloves - 3 - 4
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Cloves - 2 - 3
Whole black pepper - 2 - 3
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 4 tbsp
- Blend one chopped onion,garlic cloves,ginger,cinnamon,cloves,whole black pepper and 1/2 tsp cumin seeds to make a fine paste.
- Wash and chop parwal/pointed gourd and cut into two pieces. Also cut boiled potato into two pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add pointed gourd/parwal and stir fry till brown. and strain it.
- Add boiled potatoes and saute till dark brown and strain it. Again heat oil in a same pan.
- Add cumin seeds to crackle. Add one chopped onion and saute till brown.
- Add onion and all spices paste and saute for 4 - 5 mins.
- Add red chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and 2 tbsp water and mix well. Stir well till oil starts separating.
- Add boiled and fried potato and fried parwal/pointed gourd and mix well.
- Add one cup of water and cover it for five mins.
- Add garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves . Serve hot with rice or chapatis.
Please login to see or insert a new variation.Login Here
Eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo.