- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 6 people
- Meal course
Milk 5 cup
Lemon juice 2 table spoon
Semolina 2 table spoon
Sugar 2 cup
Water 1/2 cup
Rose Water 1/2 tea spoon
Oil (for frying) enough
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom vessel. Once boiled turn off the flame. Add lemon juice and cover the vessel.
- When the milk is fully curdled,strain it in a muslin cloth and wash in fresh water 2 - 3 times.
- Whatever obtained is soft cheena/cottage cheese put it up for drying by hanging it in muslin cloth for around 30 mins.
- Add semolina in the cheena / cottage cheese and mix well.
- Mash cheena / cottage cheese in order to get a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal size balls.,roll these dough into 20 equal size balls,roll these balls in between your palm to get the cylindrical shape.
- Now heat enough oil in a pan for deep frying. Fry the gaja on low heat till golden brown. Drain in paper napkin.
- Again heat the pan. Add sugar and water till sugar disolves. Keep it medium flame for 8 - 10 mins.
- When it gets stick it means syrup is ready add rose water and turn off the flame.
- Place the gaja in the sugar syrup. Serve after two hours.
Please login to see or insert a new variation.Login Here
Eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo.