- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 8 people
- Meal course
Paneer/cottage cheese - 2 cup
Whole dried milk / mawa - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Clarified butter - 1 tbsp
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 2 cup
Water - 2 cup
Oil for frying
- Grate the mawa /whole dried milk and cottage cheese / paneer and mix well.
- We mashed the cottage cheese / paneer and mawa /whole dried milk very well and make a soft and smooth dough.
- Add all purpose flour / maida,baking powder,1 tbsp sugar and clarified butter/ghee and mix well.
- Divide the dough in equal size balls. Roll each balls between your palms.
- Shape these balls into diamond shape about 1/2 inch thick. All the balls are made in the same way.
- Heat enough oil in a pan for deep frying. Fry the chitrakoot on low heat till golden brown. Drain in paper napkin.
- Again heat the pan. Add sugar and water till sugar dissloves. Keep it medium flame for 8 - 10 mins.
- When it gets stick it means syrup is ready add cardamom powder.
- Place the chitrakoot in the sugar syrup. Serve after two hours.
Please login to see or insert a new variation.Login Here
Eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo.