- Preparation time
- 25 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Side Dish
Split urad dal - 1 cup
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Green chilly paste - 1/4 tsp
Coconut paste - 1tbsp
Butter milk - 2 cup
Curry leaves - 8 - 10
Whole red chilly - 1
Rai/Black mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak the split urad dal for 3 - 4 hours and grind to make a fine paste.
- Beat the batter very well till light and fluffy. Add salt in the batter.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan.
- Make equal size balls and deep fry in hot oil until golden in color.
- Simmer it after we put all the vadas and cook in a medium flame until done.
- Now take out the vadas and done into a bowl of buttermilk and let them soak for 4 - 5 hours.
- Add green chilly,ginger paste,salt and coconut paste in the buttermilk.
- Now to make tempering:- Heat one tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add rai/black mustard seeds let them crackle,then add curry leaves and whole red chilly.
- Now add this tempering to butter milk mixture and mix it well. Serve them.
Please login to see or insert a new variation.Login Here
Eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo.