- Preparation time
- 50 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
Split urad dal - 1/2 cup
Split moong dal - 1/4 cup
Gram flour - 2 tbsp
Ginger paste - 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Green chilly - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1/tsp
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Take a large bowl add all purpose flour,salt,sugar,2 tbsp oil and mix well. Make a soft dough with the help of water.
- Soak split urad dal and split moong dal for 3 - 4 hours. Drain and make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida and gram flour and roast it.
- Add split urad dal paste,ginger paste,fennel seeds,red chilly powder,green chilly and salt and stir fry for 4 - 5 mins.
- Now stuffing is ready. Heat enough oil in a pan for deep frying.
- First on high flame then make it medium or low. Now divide the dough into equal size balls.
- Now flatten the balls with your palm. Place a small ball of stuffing in the center and seal it properly.
- Now roll the balls. It should be thick.
- Place the puri into the hot oil for frying Fry in small batches.
- Deep fry in medium hot oil until golden n crispy. Drain and serve.
Please login to see or insert a new variation.Login Here
Eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo.